Friday, June 15, 2012

Whitney Houston - My Love Is Your Love

From Wikipedia
My Love is Your Love was a studio album released in 1998. That is the year I think my mother first found out that she was sick. A bad turning point was happening in her life although she loved God and did all she could to live for him. It was a time where I was beginning to learn that God is just ready for some people. Sometimes it's not a curse. It is just in God's will no matter how much evil is around. Sometimes it is for God's glory,and we are not ready for death.  But Jesus prayed to God and said, "I pray not that you should take them out of the world, but that you should keep them from the evil (John 17:15)." Whitney, You, and I were prayed for before we were born.

My mother pointed out Whitney's Lyrics to me from her song, My Love is Your Love. I remember her speaking when Whitney sung  this verse in  her video:

If I should die this very day
Don't cry, cause on earth we wasn't meant to stay
And no matter what the people say
I'll be waiting for you after Judgement Day

'Cause your love is my love
And my love is your love
It would take an eternity to break us
And the chains of Amistad couldn't hold us


Before Whitney got to the end of the song, my mother said, "Whitney is singing that song like she's going to die or something."


I said, "No, mama, that's not it, I don't think. She is just singing a song."


"I don't know, Gail. There is something about the words and the way she's singing it."

A Threat to Satan

My mother always had strong feelings about people and things. An average person can only see what is in front of them, but a spiritual person in the Lord can see and feel beyond. I know for a fact that my mother was a big threat to Satan. I believe that Whitney was a threat to him too. A lot of us are, but don't let Satan scare you. Do what God tells you to do, and there is no way you will be harmed. Satan is just a man. (Isaiah 14:16)  "They that see you (Satan) shall narrowly look on you, and consider you, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;..." Don't give into sin. It is the life of Whitney Houston that speaks as well as her death. There were things that Whitney would not do and things that Whitney did not believe in doing. She was the child of God. Some judge and say that it is her fault what happened to her, but we do not always see the whole picture. We do not know a person's soul inside and out. We are not God. Satan is our accuser. 1 Peter 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour: 

Satan is very jealous of everyone. He is nobody's friend. Satan will work with people that serve him for a while, but when they start looking better than him, he is ready to destroy them. All the people that do not serve him, he is defiantly worried about them and how to get them. We may find ourselves doing things that is not in our hearts at all. That is when we need to pray harder and Whitney knew. That is why she studied her Bible and prayed. The world is full of tricks. We sometimes get into things we think is alright and may not be alright. That is why we need to stay alert and stay in our Bibles and be careful of whom and what we let in our lives.

Satan is in music and was in charge of the heavenly choir in heaven when his name was Lucifer. He is in some of our churches. Whitney may have been an enemy to him. He heard her singing and saw how people loved her music. That made him mad. Satan may have known a weakness Whitney had. Though she thinks everything is her fault, maybe somebody actually did some things to Whitney for her life to turn out the way it did and maybe she didn't know it.  Like I said, we do not see everything and God has great mercy and sees everything. Everybody is not messed up because they did something to themselves. It's not always what you see. I learned this from God. He knows who is in fault. The right ones will be punished.

When Whitney died, I felt my love for her. I had love I didn't know that was there because I never met her. She's right when she said Your Love Is My Love. God is the author of Love. God is love and his love is in us. We should love one another.


No comments:

Post a Comment