Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Whitney and Dottie Rambo

From YouTube
Whitney won a Dove Gospel Award for singing, I Go To The Rock. The Lady standing beside her (Dottie) in the picture wrote the song and she also sung it. Dottie said, "I thank God for a voice like Whitney Houston."

I believe that Whitney was made for Gospel. I believe that God allowed her to sing decent love songs too without taking away her gift to make great hits and albums. People loved Whitney's Gospel even though she sung pop or R&B. I think it was accepted more from her than other singers like Sam Cook. People just loved Whitney no matter what she sung. She was allowed to do both. I may be wrong, but it seemed like the gospel audiences were harder and strict in Sam Cook's day on whether you sung gospel or rock-n-roll. The Gospel audience as well as the rock-n-roll audience accepted Whitney.




No comments:

Post a Comment