Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Whitney Houston_Watchulookinat

YouTube
Whitney made a video and song titled, "Watchulookinat". Yea, I looked at Whitney sometimes in joy and laughter. Sometimes I looked at Whitney kind of sad, and I am still looking. I wished that I could have been there for her in the bad times.

My mom looked very concerned when she was alive seeing Whitney. She said to me, "Something's going on with that child."
My mother was not looking at the fact that Whitney was a celebrity either. She saw beyond Whitney's drug addiction, but she would not tell everything she thought she could sense. My mother looked at Whitney as if she was her own kin at the moment she was concerned. She cared, but I just knew Whitney was going to be alright. Seeing my mother look with concern, I knew Whitney's mom had more concern. Everybody was lookin', but not everybody hated Whitney either. Everybody was talking about Whitney. She had some enemies after her maybe, but some people were praying for her too. Seeing the concerned look on my mother's face kind of had me worried. When my mother knew something was terribly wrong, something was wrong. We both knew that Whitney was not herself sometimes. I was a whole lot younger back then.

Today, thinking of Whitney's death, I can see and understand my mother's concern even more. What I am feeling now, my mother was probably feeling long ago about Whitney. After Whitney's death, I thought about some of the peculiar ways my mother had about speaking out. Sometimes she kept her feelings to herself, and I think God showed my mother something on her sick bed about the entertainment world. My mother saw people in trouble and was led to speak about things when it was time. She was another soul that left this world too soon.

As I sat looking at an old film on Whitney getting baptized in Israel in the Jordan River, I could feel a strange feeling that something did not want me to watch it. So I stopped watching. This was after Whitney's death. Whitney asked a good question when she asked Watchulookinat.


[Chorus:]
Why you lookin' at me
Don't get mad at me
'Cause I'm still gonna be me
(Tell me, Tell me, Tell me)
Whatchulookinat
(Tell me, Tell me, Tell me)
Whatchulookinat
I feel your eyes on me
You been telling lies on me
(Tell me, Tell me, Tell me)
Whatchulookinat
(Tell me, Tell me, Tell me)

See I don't understand
Why you keep peepin' me
When you don't even like me
You're after me and my man
Don't think you're stressing me
'Cause your lies don't excite me, no no

(Never thought)
Never thought, Never thought
(Never knew)
Never knew that you would do this to me
Do this to me
(Try to ruin me) Ruin me
(Be my enemy) Be my enemy
(Never thought)
Never thought, Never thought, Never thought
(That you) That you
Would act as if you're cool with me
So why you lookin' at me

No comments:

Post a Comment