Sunday, May 20, 2012

Whitney's Remake "I'm Every Woman"

From Video "I'm Every Woman" Whitney Houston
The first time that I heard Whitney Houston's remake of I'm Every Woman by Chaka Khan, I did not know that it was Whitney singing it. It sounded just like the original. For a while, I did not pay any attention.

One day I was sitting in my room and it was playing on the radio. My mother came into my room and heard it playing. She asked, "Who that?"

I said, "Mama, they playing that song like it's new. I have been hearing it a lot, and I know Chaka Khan sung it. I remember hearing that song from a little girl unless it made a hit all over again."

Me and my mother continued to listen. When the song got near the end, I heard Whitney's voice saying, Chaka Khan. I said, "Wait! That sounds like Whitney Houston."

My mother said, "Hmm! I believe it is."

When we heard Whitney's laugh, I knew for sure then that it was Whitney. I love to hear Whitney's laugh. It is like a little trademark sound of her to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment