Saturday, July 14, 2012

Whitney and CeCe - Count On Me

From YouTube
Whitney Houston and CeCe Winans sings Count On Me. Yea, I was counting on Whitney with faith. She was changing and things appeared to be getting better for her. I think Whitney knew that God was calling her near the end. Things are kind of hard to see in life sometimes, and especially when you are busy and on the go. It's hard to pay attention. Maybe God was showing Whitney her real purpose, and maybe Whitney was finally beginning to see. I will not say that singing was not her purpose, but I know that God had something better planned for her in a much better way. He had something better than just the spotlight of this world for her.

In Whitney, I saw myself. I use to beg God to let me into the entertainment world, and he told me no. He mentioned to me that there were bad things going on and how people cursed his name. I probably wouldn't have gotten as far as Whitney did. I might would have dropped out with God working on my conscious. Still, I was counting on Whitney. She acknowldeged God and reminded me of myself. Because of her upbringing, what she was taught never left Whitney though she experienced some bad things.

(Proverbs 22:6) Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Well, Whitney was getting older. Whitney was growing. I think she saw the entertainment world for what it was and is. She began to want to settle down with her Lord and Savior and find out how great she could be in him. I'm still counting on Whitney that she made it. I want to see her there.

No comments:

Post a Comment