Monday, July 2, 2012

Whitney Houston "Hard Copy"

From YouTube
Do you remember the TV show, "Hard Copy"? It was a tabloid news show that ran from 1989 to 1999. Now that I think back, something was strange about the show. Me and my mom watched it together, and we were always getting news that nobody else in my hometown saw. I would ask them, "You didn't see the news? It was right on television on a show called Hard Copy." Then you just never saw the news again hoping that the show would show a repeat. I wanted to prove to my friends that I saw what I saw. I would tell them, "I can't help what I saw. If I'm lying, I'm lying after what I saw on that show. I didn't put the news on TV." Back then, I was naive. I did not think of the show as a tabloid news. My friends thought  the show might have been incorrect in their broadcast about some things. To me, it was just news and not gossip. Most of the time, the news that was brought on television told you the truth or they just wouldn't broadcast.

From YouTube
In this video from Hard Copy, it will carry you fast if you do not listen carefully. If you gather the information from the show too quickly, you will think that Whitney Houston had a child while filming the Bodyguard. The news will give you the hint that Whitney had another child coming on the way. The good thing about the news is it shared with you some things that you might not remember about Whitney. Hard Copy showed her on roller blades. The show said Whitney smoked cigarettes. It seemed like a show that told things about people that nobody believed back then. So to me, it was a show that told news way ahead of it's time for today.  They mentioned that Whitney was working on her latest film, but they never said which one. They made it sound like she didn't look glamorous in a robe. She still looked like the glamorous Whitney Houston to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment