Saturday, July 14, 2012

Whitney and Mariah Showed Hollywood Togetherness

From YouTube
When Mariah and Whitney sung together, I thought they sounded so much alike. However, in some areas of thier singing, if you listen carefully, they sound different.

My mother was listening to them one day and she pointed out something about Mariah's voice that I did not catch. My mother said, "Mariah sounds kind of like a country and western singer a little bit."

Mariah does sound like she could be a country singer although she sings like a soul singer. I believe she could make some beautiful hits singng country. Whitney could have also, but she probably would have made them soul like she did Dolly Parton's song, "I Will Always Love You". It became a giant hit all over again when she sung it. I have enjoyed Mariah's singing as much as I have enjoyed Whitney's singing. I'm glad that Mariah and Whitney decdided to do something together. Whitney and Mariah showed Hollywood that great talent can come together without competing all of the time. They showed Hollywood that you don't have to think that you are better than the next person because that's not what it is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment