Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Whitney Houston Told Us In So Many Words

Google Labeled for Reuse
We all watched Whitney knowing that something was slowly happening. It all started that Whitney was a good and innocent child of God just singing. We loved her singing, but then Whitney started to talk about the kind of singers like Paula Abdul and Janet Jackson. And the kind of songs that were being made like the song Things That Make You Go Hmmm in the 80's  by C+C Music Factory. She told her mom according to what was shown in film that she wouldn't sell out. Whitney got a recording contract for her singing which was real talent. She really used her voice. Great and special songs were made for Whitney.

The next thing I remember is Whitney getting booed on the Soul Train Awards. I remember her getting married. Whom she married seemed a very odd choice to people so suddenly. To be honest, I wondered why. I remember she seemed quite nervous to do the movie, The Body Guard. It was said that Whitney played herself. For some reason that was pointed out. I can't help but think that was used to make Whitney's image look bad in the long run. Whitney had questions too.

Houston: Scared to death. Terribly frightened. I mean, Kevin Costner. I said, why me? He said, because you're the only one that can sing.

In the music business, it seems when you sing and become popular, you are offered movie roles. I think at this point, Whitney Houston knew what was happening to her. In the music business, it seems to me it is important to them or the media who you are dating and who you marry. It is important whether you are gay or not. Your image is important but it seems like nobody was truly on her side. The next thing I knew, Whitney was in the tabloids a lot about drugs and her marriage. Everybody wanted to know about her personal life.

I was preached to about the spotlight of the world and was warned to never forget God. So I kind of understand what might have been going on with Whitney Houston. The business didn't want a good girl like her. Whitney was not doing anything to mess up her career in the beginning. It may have looked like Whitney's fault but I refuse to believe Whitney made some of the choices because she wanted to. I believe the music business is a trick. It has been said that you can enter in an angel and come out a devil. Whitney told us about demons. She told Diane Sawyer that she was not sick. So that led me to believe that it was not all just about drugs when it came to Whitney Houston. 😭

Whitney Houston told us in so many words what was going on to Diane Sawyer. Houston: Scared. When they said that I had died, I did, I changed my mind. I changed my mind. Yep. Because I didn't want to look like the rest of them. I didn't want to be like them. It frightened me. I don't ever want to be in the realm of, where I'm caught in a mold and I can't get out. Never. That's over. I'm beyond it.

There are a lot of things that Whitney Houston said to Diane Sawyer that has me thinking more about how she might have died. I think not only should there have  been an investigation on Whitney Houston's death, but there should have been an investigation on something beyond that. First there was Michael Jackson, then Whitney, and then Prince. It was happening too dang much. They all were suppose to have died from drugs. 

To this day, I still think about Whitney. I wish that I could have been there for her and could have said something to help her. Whitney's life was complicated, and she might not would have listened anyway. I care about Whitney Houston more than I ever did. Before, I didn't quite understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment