Saturday, September 29, 2012

Thoughts on R. Kelly

Wikipeda
When my mother was sick who died in 2001, she wanted to hear R. Kelly's songs. She did not care for R. Kelly's music but she seemed to like one of his songs. That was,"If I Could Turn Back the Hands of Time". I played the song for her in the 90's and told her that it reminded me of something that she would say or write or sing. She said, "Hmm Hmm." The song was released in 1999. I wanted to write R. Kelly, but I was afraid. R. Kelly seemed like a bad boy type of guy to me. But there was something good that I always felt about him. My mother was old fashioned and warned me to be careful of writing some of the rich and famous. I took a chance and wrote R. Kelly, but he probably never got my letter.

In the year of 2000, I heard R. Kelly's song, I Wish. I didn't care for it right off of the bat until I saw the video. My mother was very sick in 2000 and said, "Let me hear some of his songs." She caught me off guard. I had been talking to her about R. Kelly's video. When she heard some of his music, she said, "It sounds like he might have had some troubles. Maybe he lived a tough life on the streets." I don't remember the song that we were listening to that made her say that. I played more than one of his songs. I think my mother saw beyond the outer appearance of R. Kelly on her sick bed. It wasn't like my mother to want to hear his music.

I just came across a video of R. Kelly receiving prayer in 2001. Again, that was the year my mother died. I'm wondering did my mother pray for R. Kelly too before her death. I believe R. Kelly has good in him.



No comments:

Post a Comment