Thursday, July 30, 2020

You Thought It Couldn't Be Done? Whitney Houston Danced

YouTube
People said all sorts of things about Whitney Houston. She was made fun of on television from shows like In Living Color. I never really liked that show. I was in high school when I saw that show, and I thought it was stupid. There was one or maybe two episodes that made me laugh. Luckily, I never saw the episode called Whitney Houston - Rhythmless Dance. I never saw it until after Whitney's death, and when a famous person dies, everything that was ever done or said is talked about and seen.  I guess the comedy was trying to say Whitney had no rhythm, but that's not true.

At one time, I didn't think Whitney Houston was interested in dancing, whenever she performed; when she first appeared in the singing business. I never thought that she couldn't dance because I knew she could learn if she couldn't. There was just something about Whitney that made you know deep down inside that she could do anything. When she said she could do anything singing her song, I'm Your Baby Tonight, you could hear the soulfulness in her voice that she meant it and believed it. When she sung, I'm Every Woman, she sung that song as if it really pertained to her.

The night that Whitney performed, I'm Your Baby Tonight on Arsenio Hall, Whitney Houston danced.  She told us in her song, I Wanna Dance With Somebody. Those songs were all about Whitney. She must have loved dancing and gave it a shot. It looked kind of tough dancing and singing all at the same time, but Whitney came out dancing. She was not that Rhythmless dancer that they said that she was. 


No comments:

Post a Comment