Saturday, March 21, 2020

Whitney Is Queen

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=2400975
Transcript
(Theme song)

..... That was a quote from Whitney Houston. She seemed upset in an interview that day when she said you sing on em. Whitney said that she was in the right business; just the wrong people. She said you don't do anything about it. She said you do what you do. You sing. 

In my opinion, I think Clive Davis did a great for what he did do in recognizing Whitney to become a singer. She was making the hits. And nobody was saying Whitney Houston wasn't black enough then. However, like always, music was starting to change although Whitney gave us songs with meaning and dance as well. Hip Hop was the music people wanted, but I must add that not everybody wanted it. I'm thinking and asking myself when did being pop become not black enough. Whitney was winning American Music Awards and Grammies. So was MJ, and he's the King of Pop. Whitney was doing quite well. I don't think that it had anything to do with her not being black enough or had anything to do with her music. In my opinion, I think something was going on in the music business. ........

No comments:

Post a Comment