Thursday, March 19, 2020

Did You Know Whitney Houston the Piano Player?


Photo credit: YouTube



Whitney Houston had more to give. Did you know Whitney the piano player? I never knew that she could play the piano, but I wasn't surprised when I found out either. Whitney was all about music. In the rare footage she played the piano. She sat down to play it like it had been a daily routine. The piano didn't look like a stranger to Whitney. She sat down to play it with confidence, and wasn't shy about it at all. Maybe Whitney had been doing it most of her life and she just didn't show it in the music business, but now we see.

Whitney sang along with a song called Loving is Really My Game by Brainstorm.


I can't catch no man
Hangin' out at a discotheque
But I believe in the boogie
Oh, but the boogie don't believe in me
Well, I got my way of groovin'
Sittin' down right in my seat
I get soul satisfaction
Yeah, without jumpin' up and down on my feet..

The song sounds as if it were speaking of Whitney. Hearing the singer that was singing it, sounds like a song that Whitney could sing but as a better and updated version. I Always believed that Whitney could sing soul disco songs. The song that was being played sounded as if it belonged to Whitney. I always believed she could really get down. In the music business, it seemed as if she was only allowed to do the songs her producer may have wanted her to sing. Whitney had so much more. She needed to feel free and to let it all hang out.





No comments:

Post a Comment