Sunday, March 29, 2020

Hearing Whitney Houston Sing in the 70's

YouTube
Do you remember The Michael Zager Band? Do you remember a disco song in the 70's titled Let's All Chant?  Whitney Houston was the guest artist vocals on that song. I remember hearing that song. She was a teenager, and I guess I might have been about six or seven years old. When I heard it, I had no idea that Whitney Houston existed. I didn't know who she was in the background, but I remember hearing her in the background. Her face was never seen. Whitney was not famous then.

How could I forget that song? The ooh-ah part was popular. I remember hearing people singing that part. It was the part of the song that stood out and made people repeat it. 🙂 I guess I repeated it, but I would never sing the rest of the song. I understood the lyrics 😂. I felt funny singing the my body part, and I don't know why. When I heard Shake Your Booty by KC and the Sunshine Band, I was singing that. Some Disco was known to be kind of sexual, but my mom gave me freedom to listen to Disco as long as it wasn't anything too sexual. Looks like Whitney's mom was the same way. It's good that we had some freedom. When I hear some songs today that are sexual, I don't care for them at all. They are far worse than what I was hearing in the days of Disco.




No comments:

Post a Comment