Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Whitney Houston Wins 8 American Music Awards

YouTube
It was fun looking back watching Whitney win 8 American Music Awards in one night. She really had a lot going on for herself. Whitney won over Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey back in 1994.

 I'll never forget the year of 1993 when I worked at Moen for one summer. There was a girl working on the line with me always singing songs from Whitney's soundtrack, The Bodyguard. The movie was released in 1992. Now I see why Whitney won so many awards. Songs from the Bodyguard were strong, and the girl that worked with me at Moen sung them almost everyday. Her favorite was, I Have Nothing. Whitney's songs from the Bodyguard were played on the radio for a long time. Although the movie was released in 1992, Whitney was just receiving the awards. That's how long her success lasted.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment