Saturday, August 18, 2012

Questions about Whitney Houston's Death

A week before the movie Sparkle was released, I was asked by co-workers was I going to see it. I told them that I didn't know. I feel kind of down about Whitney knowing the part that she played, and I don't know if I'm ready to watch the movie now. Some of the movie looks like it might depress me thinking of Whitney and how the music business is. I think I would rather wait for the DVD.

Everybody that mentions Sparkle seems to notice how great Whitney looked in the movie. It makes some people wonder if drugs really killed Whitney. It makes me wonder if other things were happening to Whitney. We know that Whitney had church up-bringing for one thing. Some things just don't sound like Whitney to me, family, and friends.

I heard a child ask if I thought Whitney and Michael Jackson were really dead. I told that child that I didn't know. We never saw their bodies, and we weren't there to see what happened to Whitney. That child said to me, "I guess we will never know then, will we?"

To know that Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston are gone has an affect on people. They seemed like some kind of hope for some people. They always kept me thinking, "If they can make it, so can I." When they were pronounced dead, I felt like a part of me died with them.

When I heard that Whitney died, the story never sounded right to me. For some reason, I feel in my soul that she's not gone. I never felt that way hearing about some body's death. Where ever she is, I hope she's happy with Christ the Good and Chief Shepherd.

(1Peter 5:4) And when the chief Shepherd shall be manifested, ye shall receive the crown of glory that fadeth not away.

(John 10:11) I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd layeth down his life for the sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment