Thursday, October 11, 2012

Whitney Houston - Miracle

YouTube
When Whitney Houston's song, Miracle, was released, it was the year of 1990. That was the year I graduated. Many thought I was a miracle, and I thought others were too. However, I didn't know that some of them were abused and so troubled in life. There are some that smile on the outside, and there are some that are sad on the outside. It's hard to guess what's truly on the inside. Some of my classmates are dead and gone. It's a miracle to be alive. Some people are here and can help each other, and we don't know who is going to leave this world first. We are always apart and too busy in life. Some families could be close, but there is always somebody keeping everybody apart. If you come from a close family, that is also a miracle. If you are able to help someone, you are that person's miracle. If you have a true best friend, that is a miracle. Cherish the good in life that you have because it's a mean world out there.

There were many mornings when I would wave goodbye to my mother standing in the doorway; knowing that someday she might leave me in this world alone. She was my miracle. She watched Whitney Houston with me, and little did I know that she would be another miracle to leave us so soon. Whitney Houston was a miracle that needed love. Fans let her know that they loved her music, appearance, and performance. I wasn't a screaming fan with pictures all over my wall buying every album she made. I wasn't allowed to worship any human being. I was taught that God is a jealous God (Duet.6:15).  I just listened to her songs and watched her performed, and it hurt so bad when I found out she was gone. I feel like I love her more than I ever did. When she was alive, I saw her as a star. When she died, I saw the human being and the love she had for her fans. The older you get, the wiser you become. That too is a miracle, and miracles come from God. 




No comments:

Post a Comment