Sunday, May 31, 2020

Whitney Houston Empower and Black Power

YouTube
Most of the time when I think of Whitney Houston, I think of the word Empower. In one of her music videos, she sings words mentioning she learned from the best. She sang with great authority and was very confident. I saw Whitney as a very strong singer and person.

With so much going on in the world right now today from Corona virus to racial problems to protesting and death, I still think of Whitney when I tune in into the music world. I see a great deal of black power when I look at photos and videos of Whitney now for sure. I saw a strong black woman from Newark going through a lot right before my eyes. There were things I didn't know that I saw, and there were things I didn't know that Whitney was going through. We didn't see the whole picture.The truth was in Whitney and her life. Not in the tabloids and what the world had to say about her. Whitney must speak for herself. Her life did some speaking, but only God knows all details.

What I heard happened to Whitney can happen to any of us. Look at the world today. We don't know what we'll have to face. We don't know what might drive us to do something wrong. Whitney died at the age of 48. Those of us that are still young in our 20's and 30's will be blessed if we get her age. We'll be blessed to make it to a career. If we do, like Whitney had done, we should always thank God. I thank God for sharing Whitney with us in music and how she empowered some of us as a woman with black power.



No comments:

Post a Comment