Sunday, November 4, 2012

Star Spangled Banner Whitney Houston























Whitney Houston performed the Star Spangled Banner song in 1991 before the Super Bowl. I had graduated from high school the year before. I still had dreams of being a singer, but that was a dream for me. While I was out of high school with no job, I had to think reality. 1991 was the year that I was just sitting around the house. The day that I saw Whitney singing the Star Spangled Banner on television was like a performance I had never heard before. The Star Spangled Banner was a song you had to sing right, and Whitney blew everybody away. My mother who was a critic said, "Gail, Whitney has made history now." Sure enough, Whitney did.

 When Whitney was through performing, I said, "Mama, if I ever become a singer, I'm not singing the Star Spangled Banner song. I'm going to write my own. People are too critical on how people sing the Star Spangled Banner, but no one can touch Whitney Houston."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment