Monday, September 2, 2024

Thinking of Whitney

It’s Hard To Write About Whitney

I often think of Whitney Houston. It’s just hard to write about her now. I’ve heard so much about her since she passed away. It sounds like she had a lot going on in her life, but I was only seeing the entertainer. That doesn’t mean I was completely ignorant to the fact that Whitney was having problems. 

The media kept saying drugs this and drugs that. But what was the cause? 

The columnists couldn’t wait to say that Whitney was on drugs and post the worst photo possible on the front page of tabloids. They couldn’t wait to say that she was dying as if they wanted her to die. Knowing she was from the church, why didn’t they do a writeup on Whitney needing prayer? Because they are happy to write reports on somebody’s downfall until troubles come their way. Anyone in the world can have a downfall - Christian or not. Anyone can get weak. They made it seem like Whitney was one of the worst celebrities in the whole wide world. What was the cause of Whitney’s drug addiction? What lead her to drugs? What made her depressed in life? Sometimes life can be hard. Not everyone can bear it. 

Living with someone who also have done drugs

People blamed Bobby Brown a lot for what happened to Whitney. Although I do not think it was Bobby’s fault, it didn’t help when both of them were doing the same thing. They did things together. Then Whitney wasn’t getting along in her marriage, and she didn’t always agree with her mom. It seems as if Whitney didn’t really have the right people around her in her life. And family is very important. Some think that a big part of her problem was family. I think that’s a lot of what is wrong with a lot of us. We all just don’t handle things the same way. 

Some call her death murder

The moment I heard that Whitney had passed, I felt like it might have been murder, but I can’t really say that it was. I felt something strong from the announcement that something just wasn’t right. Then on top of that, something told me not to worry about her death. I never believed that drugs killed Whitney. From the very beginning, I always believed that something was happening to Whitney off and on in her career through her actions. Sometimes she looked depressed. Something was making her unhappy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment